There’s never a wrong time to visit Broken Bow, but there’s something special about staying in the spring. The forest transitions into a lush green oasis as temperatures rise and the days grow longer. The restaurants and merchants that close over the slow season are beginning to reopen, and so many exciting things are coming to the area. For now, these are our top Spring recommendations for 2023.
Our top 5 things to do in Broken Bow / Hochatown this spring include:
- Take a spring hike along the Cedar Bluff Trail in Beavers Bend State Park. This trail is generally considered a moderately challenging route. It takes an average of 25 min to complete.
- Play a round of golf at Cedar Creek Golf Course. Located at Beavers Bend State Park, this 18-hole course is surrounded by towering pine forests and the waters of Broken Bow Lake. Or if mini golf is more your style, visit Old Town West for a trip back in time.
- Saddle up and grab the reins on an adventure through more than a half-million acres of forested mountain trails with beautiful vistas from the mountains to riding down creeks and rivers with Riverman Trail Rides.
- Let the trained guides at Rugaru Adventures take you on a zipline adventure that sails you through the canopies of the forest and ends with an incredible view over Broken Bow Lake.
- Ride on a 1/3 size replica of the C.P.Huntington S.P. train with Beavers Bend Depot & Train Rides through Beavers Bend State Park.
Photo Credit to Randy Sander, Hochatown Nature Photographer